Tsavo East / Taita Hills Sanctuary - 2 days, Sarova Saltlick Lodge
Pick-up from your hotel in the early morning hours. First drive to Tsavo East National Park through Buchuma Gate for a morning game drive until 12:30.
Check-in at Ngutuni Safari Lodge or a similar lodge for lunch.
Distance approx. 180km, travel time approx. 4h. Drive to Taita Hills Nature Reserve. Dinner, overnight stay and breakfast at Sarova Salt Lick Lodge. https://www.sarovahotels.com/saltlick-tsavo/
Distance approx. 60km, travel time approx. 1,5h
Early breakfast, after breakfast, game viewing on departure from Taita Hills nature reserve and return to your coastal hotel with arrival around noon.
Distance approx. 230km, travel time approx. 5h.
The Tsavo East and Taita Hills Nature Reserve is home to the BIG FIVE, elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo and rhino.
The Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary is a private nature reserve in Kenya. The nature reserve covers an area of 110 km2 and borders the Tsavo West National Park and the LUMO Community Nature Reserve. The Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary was founded in 1972 by Hilton International in which two lodges are located. Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge and Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge. Dinner, breakfast and overnight stay are at Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge. Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is one of the most famous lodges in Kenya.
Tsavo East National Park
With an area of 11,747 square kilometres, the eastern part is about 2,000 km2 larger than the western part. The areas to the north of the Galana River, which is a permanent water source, about two thirds of the park, are inaccessible to visitors.
The park is characterised by grass and bush savannahs and semi-desert steppes. These alternate with acacia forests, gorges, individual rock groups and island mountains. Seasonal rivers in the southern part are the Voi River and the Mbololo River. The Athi River and the Galana River are permanent waterways. The Galana River is formed above the Lugard Falls by the confluence of the Athi and Tsavo Rivers. Along the rivers there are narrow gallery forests. Standing waters can be found at Mundanda Rock (natural damming through rock face) and at Aruba Dam, in addition to smaller water holes, often created by elephants. Parts of the park are of volcanic origin. A flat and extensive lava ridge, the Yatta Plateau, runs along the western boundary in the east of the Athi River. It is the longest lava field in the world.
- Accommodation in double room with full board in Lodges/Camps.
- Transport and game drives with water bottles on board the safari vehicle
- English speaking Safari Guide.
- All government taxes and levies
- Fees for National Parks
- Guaranteed window seat
- Beverages in Lodge/Camp
- Tips and things of personal need
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner for Christmas, New Year,.....
- up to 75th to 60th day before departure 40% of the total price.
- from the 59th to the 40th day before departure 60% of the total price.
- from the 39th to the 30th day before departure 80% of the total price,
- from the 29th day before departure 100% of the total price,
- as well as on the day of departure or no-show 100% of the tour price.
- The final payment of the total price will be made in our office in Kenya. We will pick you up from your hotel on the south coast. In our office you can also pay by credit card. The credit card fee of our house bank is 5% of the outstanding amount. Payments in cash in Euro or US Dollar are therefore advantageous.