5 Days Discovery Safari
Day 1: Tsavo West
You will be picked up at the hotel around 6:00 a.m. and drive along Mombasa-Nairobi Street. After 100 km a small stop for a coffee break, then you drive another 100 km to Tsavo West. At the entrance gate you start a game drive on the way to the camp or lodge where you check in and have lunch around 13:00. You have time to relax until 16:00. During an evening game drive you will visit the Rhino Sanctury where you will have the opportunity to see black rhinos. Tsavo West covers an area of 9,065 km2. Return around 18:30 for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Amboseli
You get up at 6:00 a.m., have a hearty breakfast and take a game drive to the Mzima springs (drinking water springs), where you have a chance to see hippos and crocodiles. The spring produces over a million liters of water per day. Check out at Chyulu Gate Tsavo West and convoy to Amboseli National Park. Stop at Shetani Larve, where you will have time for photos. 80 km from Tsavo West is the Kimana Gate in Amboseli. There you drive to a camp or lodge, check in, lunch and time for relaxation until 16:00. An evening game drive follows until about 18:30 hrs. Dinner and overnight at camp or lodge.
Day 3: Tsavo East
You get up at 6:00 am, have a rich breakfast and a short game drive follows. Afterwards you drive 300 km to the Tsavo East National Park. The game drive to a camp or lodge where you check in and have lunch begins at the entrance gate. Time for relaxation until 16:00. Afterwards you start an evening game drive until about 18:30 and drive back to your camp or lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Tsavo East
You get up at 5:30 a.m., have a cup of tea or coffee and start an early morning game drive until 8:30 a.m., after which you return to the camp or lodge for the main breakfast. Another game drive starts at 10am with a visit to the Lugard Waterfalls where you can see hippos and crocodiles in their natural habitat. Next you drive back for lunch and relax until 16:00. You will then take another game drive. Return around 18:30 for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Tsavo East - Diani Beach
You get up at 5:30 a.m., have a cup of tea or coffee and start for an early morning game drive until 8:30 a.m., then head back to camp or lodge for the main breakfast. Start of another game drive where you check out Tsavo East at around 11:00 a.m. and drive to the town of Voi for lunch. Back to Diani, arrival late in the evening in Diani.
The Amboseli National Park is home to the "BIG FIVE", elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo and rhino. The topography of the country is flat with scattered vegetation and swamps, which is to your advantage in terms of locating the animals. Experience the visit of the Maasai villages to get to know their culture in Amboseli.
Tsavo East National Park
With an area of 11,747 square kilometres, the eastern part is about 2,000 km2 larger than the western part. The areas to the north of the Galana River, which is a permanent water source, about two thirds of the park, are inaccessible to visitors.
The park is characterised by grass and bush savannahs and semi-desert steppes. These alternate with acacia forests, gorges, individual rock groups and island mountains. Seasonal rivers in the southern part are the Voi River and the Mbololo River. The Athi River and the Galana River are permanent waterways. The Galana River is formed above the Lugard Falls by the confluence of the Athi and Tsavo Rivers. Along the rivers there are narrow gallery forests. Standing waters can be found at Mundanda Rock (natural damming through rock face) and at Aruba Dam, in addition to smaller water holes, often created by elephants. Parts of the park are of volcanic origin. A flat and extensive lava ridge, the Yatta Plateau, runs along the western boundary in the east of the Athi River. It is the longest lava field in the world.
- Accommodation in double room with full board in Lodges/Camps.
- Transport and game drives with water bottles on board the safari vehicle
- English speaking Safari Guide.
- All government taxes and levies
- Fees for National Parks
- Beverages in Lodge/Camp
- Tips and personal necessities
- Fees for Maasai village visits
- Surcharge for special occasion, gala dinner for Christmas, New Year,.....
- up to 75th to 60th day before departure 40% of the total price.
- from the 59th to the 40th day before departure 60% of the total price.
- from the 39th to the 30th day before departure 80% of the total price,
- from the 29th day before departure 100% of the total price,
- as well as on the day of departure or no-show 100% of the tour price.
- The final payment of the total price will be made in our office in Kenya. We will pick you up from your hotel on the south coast. In our office you can also pay by credit card. The credit card fee of our house bank is 5% of the outstanding amount. Payments in cash in Euro or US Dollar are therefore advantageous.